Certificate of Catholic Practice for Reception School Applications 2019
Parents/guardians, these instructions apply if:
- You have a child born between 1st September 2014 and 31st August 2015 and wish to apply for a place in Reception in any Roman Catholic primary school for the academic year beginning in September 2019.
- You are parishioners of Our Lady of Sorrows and St Bridget of Sweden
- You practice your Catholic faith by attending Mass on Sundays and Holy days of Obligation.
Catholic schools give priority to children of practicing Catholic families. To demonstrate this, you need a Certificate of Catholic Practice issued by a priest. Please follow these instructions carefully:
- Book an appointment to meet the Priest. Please contact Marie on 020 8560 1431.
- Download the Certificate of Catholic Practice Please fill in the certificate with your child’s details, and print one copy for each Catholic school to which you are applying.
- At least one parent/guardian should come to the presbytery (112 Twickenham Road) to meet the Priest at the pre-arranged time. You must bring with you:
- The filled and printed Certificates of Catholic Practice, one for each school.
- Your child’s Mass Attendance Certificates, or Mass Attendance Cards for the past two years.
- If you moved to our parish within the last two years you will also need a letter from your previous Parish Priest.
At this meeting the priest will sign and stamp the certificates and return them for you to send to the schools to which you are applying.