The Parish is required to be financially self-supporting. Salaries of clergy and employees are met from the central funds of the diocese but the parish contributes to the central funds proportionately to the number of people attending the services. Most other expenditure is met directly from the parish funds.
Parishioners are invited to contribute according to their means. The best form of giving to the parish is through planned giving. The parishioner promises to make a regular contribution. This allows the parish to plan secure spending in the knowledge that it has a regular predictable income spread over the year. Any donation, whether a large or small amount, is gratefully received.
Supporting the parish
If you would like to support our parish, there are few possibilities that you can do:
1. Supporting our parish on a regular basis (planned giving).
You can do it by:
- Setting up Standing Order
Standing Order helps us to plan and record your giving, and saves the last minute scramble for cash on Sundays. You are in control and can stop and change it any time. Download the General Planned Giving Form here
- Using weekly donation envelopes
Download the weekly envelopes application form here.
- Gift Aid Declaration
If you pay income Tax/ or Capital Gains Tax, you can sign a Gift Aid Declaration Form enabling us to reclaim the tax paid on the amount of your donations at not extra cost to yourself. Download the Gift Aid Declaration or collect it at the back of the Church or contact Marie at email@example.com
2. Joining our fundraising scheme “The 100 Club”.
Here’s how it works…
- You complete and sign the attached membership form and Standing Order mandate for £3 a month (or £36 annually).
This buys you one membership number (we will allocate), which enters you into the monthly draw. All participants must be over 16.
- The draw will take place on 5th day of each month.
- If you win, a cheque will be posted to your home address and the name of the winner published in the church’s newsletter and on Facebook and the church’s website.
- The prize money will be 30% of the membership fee taken that month. The remaining 70% goes to the church to help fund equipment, resources and opportunities to build our Parish community.
Any queries, please contact Marie via email firstname.lastname@example.org To join please pick up a form at the back of the Church or you can download the application form here and send it to the Parish Office/pass it to one of the priests.
JOIN OUR 100 CLUB TODAY AND YOU COULD BE OUR NEXT WINNER
3. Please consider remembering our parish in your will. Call 020 7798 9375 or email email@example.com for a handy sheet of exact legally acceptable language you can take to your solicitor to make a legacy provision. There is no obligation and no one will follow up with you. The gift goes to your parish.
If you want to have more information or questions, you can contact Nimalika Motha (our Chair of Finance) at firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with Canon Law the parish Finance Committee meets regularly to advise the Parish Priest on financial matters.
The Finance Committee is appointed by the parish priest to advise him of the finances of the parish, including income, spending and borrowing. It oversees the movement of money and produces an annual statement. It is particularly concerned to ensure that spending matches income.
The present members of the Committee are:
- Fr Nicodemus Lobo Ratu SVD
- Fr Kieran Fitzharris SVD
- Nimalika Motha (Chair)
- Danielle Panelli
- Louise Bale
- Amanda Lennon
- Maurice Phillips
- Natasha Benjamin
- Marie Gleeson