Building maintenance appeal
We need your help
Our Parish in Isleworth dates back to 1906 (more than a hundred years old). The people are the Church and we are proud to have such a strong community to share our faith and friendship.
With the age of the Church comes the requirement to maintain the buildings (the Church, Presbytery, and the Parish Community Hall) maintained to the highest degree of health and safety standards.
As part of the ongoing commitment to ensuring that the Church is a comfortable and safe place open for everyone, we need to appeal for funds.
The purpose of the online specific fund appeal to help us ensure that we are able to maintain the buildings and give our Parish community a safe environment to pray in, build friendships centered on love and acceptance, and share important memorable days.
The day to day running and upkeep of the church buildings are funded out of the weekly collections. Where possible we have sought out financial grants to try to help reduce the financial burden on the Parish.
Thanks to the generosity of the Parish, some of these urgent works have been completed using the funds raised:
- The side altar ceiling repair work and roof leak repaired
- Church front door hinges replaced as this was a safety risk
- The Presbytery has a smoke alarm system and security camera installed
- The Parish Hall doors which had deteriorated and were unsafe have been replaced and repainted
- The Dangerous electrical wiring in the Presbytery has been rectified.
We still have the following list unresolved issues which have been noted during Health and Safety assessments and Building Condition Survey:
- Smoke alarm system needs to be installed in the Parish Hall.
- Parish Hall men’s toilets to be changed to an all-gender single toilet and a disabled toilet in order to avoid Parishioners entering the hall when it is being occupied by external groups; this can pose a safeguarding issue.
Our next priority is to complete the Parish hall toilets. We have raised 75% of the funds for the Parish Hall toilets renovation (via National Lottery, Cardinal Funds, and online appeals) and are looking to raise the last £10k to cover the shortfall and the increased cost of the building work. Work will begin on this project over the summer and we are asking where possible you can be generous to support us.
Any additional funds we raise will help us deal with the unexpected repairs and unplanned maintenance work which is continuous to keep the church and its building safe and open to our community.
All of the above will need to be funded, and therefore we are launching an appeal in the form of a monthly retiring collection and an online donation page provided by Virgin Money Giving where you can donate (and we will be able to claim the Gift Aid).
or by cash or by cheque made out to WRCDT Isleworth. Please indicate if you are donating to the hall project.
Please be as generous as possible towards the appeal and contact the Parish office if you need further information.
Thank you for your kindness and generosity!